2020 Electronic Theses and Dissertations Now Available
by Deirdre Joyce, Head of Digital Library Program.
The records for the ETDs (Electronic Theses and Dissertations) submitted by the Graduate School for calendar year 2020 have been processed and loaded into SURFACE – Syracuse University’s Institutional Repository. These include 97 May graduations, 25 June graduations, 62 August graduations, and 54 December graduations, all totaling 238 submissions from 47 different departments at Syracuse University, including:
African American Studies (5); Anthropology (3); Art (22); Biology (7); Biomedical and Chemical Engineering (12); Business Administration (1); Chemistry (12); Child and Family Studies (1); Civil and Environmental Engineering (8); Communication and Rhetorical Studies (8); Communication Sciences and Disorders (3); Counseling and Human Services (3); Cultural Foundations of Education (5); Design (9); Earth Sciences (7); Economics (4); Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (14); English (2); Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises (2); Exercise Science (1); Food Studies (1); Geography (5); Higher Education (1); History (2); Human Development and Family Science (3); Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics (4); Marriage and Family Therapy (2); Mass Communications (3); Mathematics (3); Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (10); Media Studies (5); Nutrition (1); Philosophy (2); Physics (10); Political Science (7); Psychology (17); Public Administration (4); Public Health (1); Public Relations (6); Reading and Language Arts (4); Religion (1); School of Information Studies (3); Social Sciences (2); Sociology (2); Teaching and Leadership (9); Tand the Writing Program (1).
During calendar year 2020:
- 153 dissertations were submitted and their records are available at: https://surface.syr.edu/etd/.
- 129 dissertations were submitted as Open Access (OA) publications, 83 of which are currently available for download on SURFACE. 46 additional dissertations will be available after an embargo period.
- 24 additional dissertations were submitted but are only available by subscription through ProQuest; their records are available in SURFACE.
- The OA rate for dissertations was approximately 84%.
- 85 graduate theses were submitted and their records are available at https://surface.syr.edu/thesis/.
- 74 theses were submitted as OA publications, 40 of which are currently available for download on SURFACE. 34 additional theses will be available after an embargo period.
- 11 additional theses were submitted but are only available by subscription through ProQuest; their records are available in SURFACE.
- The OA rate for theses was approximately 87%.
- The overall OA rate for all dissertations and theses in 2020 was approximately 85%.
For additional or more detailed information, please contact the SURFACE team at firstname.lastname@example.org.