New Collections Resources, Fall 2021
Resources recently added to the collections.
- Swank Digital Campus – Access to Swank Top 1,000 streaming video titles, including feature films from a variety of genres (adventure, fantasy, science fiction, and more), from a number of production companies.
- JSTOR ebooks, imprint years 2019 to present – JSTOR is a major aggregator for dozens of university presses and other scholarly publishers. Now providing demand-driven acquisitions program for all JSTOR ebook titles with imprint years 2019 through the present, adding access to over 16,000 titles. Newly published front list titles will be added regularly, and all are searchable in the Classic Catalog and in Summon.
- Expressive Media Film Library – Streaming videos related to arts therapy, including resources related to art, dance, drama, movement, and more, for a range of ages.
- Musical Theater Songs – Database of information about songs from the musical theater repertoire, searchable by voice range, character age, tempo, accompaniment difficulty, composer/lyricist identity, and more.
- Research Methods Primary Sources – Learning tools, case studies, and practice sources for researchers to learn about utilizing archives and conducting research using primary sources. This resource is a companion to SAGE Research Methods, which covers qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- a + t online library – Publications from a+t architecture publishers, including books, the a+t magazine, and Housing Index.
- Lyell Collection – Journals, publications, and books published by the Geological Society of London.
- IET Digital Library – 2021 ebook frontlist from the Institution of engineering and Technology
- Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science – Synthesis Collection Eleven
- Human Kinetics Library – Access to 2021 updates, including new ebooks and dance video content for both practitioners and scholarly study in dance, exercise, fitness, health, motor behavior, nutrition, physical activity, and sport management. Includes Human Kinetics Dance Technique module.
- Medical Care Journal
- American Prison Newspapers, 1800-2020: Voices from the Inside – Open access collection of newspapers from U.S. prisons; a Reveal Digital project.
- East African Newspapers – Newspapers from East Africa published from the 1940’s to the early 2000s, including Daily Nation (1958-2002) from Kenya, government-owned English-language Ethiopian Herald (1943-1989), and The Monitor (1992-2003) from Uganda. Digitized as part of a Global Press Archive (GPA) CRL Charter Alliance project. SU Libraries contributed funding to this open access digitization project.
- Southeast Asian Newspapers – Newspapers from Southeast Asia, published between 1839 and 1958, digitized as part of a Global Press Archive (GPA) CRL Charter Alliance project. SU Libraries contributed funding to this open access digitization project.
- El Caribe Digital Archive – Digitized, page image access to El Caribe, 1956 to 2021, a Spanish-language daily newspaper published in the Dominican Republic. SU Libraries contributed funding to this open access digitization project.