Spring 2023 SURFACE Electronic Theses and Dissertations
The Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs) submitted by the Graduate School for Spring 2023 have been processed and loaded into SURFACE, Syracuse University’s Institutional Repository. These include 97 submissions from 34 different departments, including:
African American Studies (3); Anthropology (1); Art (8); Biology (4); Biomedical and Chemical Engineering (7); Chemistry (7); Civil and Environmental Engineering (5); Communication and Rhetorical Studies (4); Earth Sciences (3); Economics (3); Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (5); English (1); Exercise Science (1); Geography (1); History (2); Human Development and Family Science (1); Instructional Design, Development, and Evaluation (1); Marriage and Family Therapy (1); Mathematics (5); Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (4); Media Studies (4); Nutrition Science and Dietetics (1); Philosophy (2); Physics (5); Political Science (1); Psychology (4); Religion (1); School of Information Studies (1); Social Sciences (1); Sociology (1); and Teaching and Leadership (4).
In Spring 2023:
- Sixty-three (63) dissertations were submitted, and their records are available at
- Sixty (60) dissertations were submitted as Open Access (OA) publications, forty-five (45) of which are currently available for download on SURFACE. Fifteen (15) additional dissertations will be available after an embargo period.
- Three (3) additional dissertations were submitted but are only available by subscription through ProQuest, though their records are available in SURFACE.
- The OA rate for dissertations this spring exceeded 95%.
- Thirty-four (34) graduate theses were submitted, and their records are available at https://surface.syr.edu/thesis/.
- All thirty-four (34) theses were submitted as OA publications, thirty (30) of which are currently available for download on SURFACE. Four additional theses will be available after an embargo period.
- The OA rate for theses was 100%.
- The overall OA rate for all dissertations and theses was approximately 96%.
For anyone desiring additional information at either the departmental or school/college level, please contact the SURFACE team at email@example.com.