Spector Seminar Room
The Joseph and Elaine Spector Seminar Room 004 in Bird Library was made possible by a large donation from the Spector Family. It is available for use by Syracuse University Libraries' staff for academic purposes, meetings and library instruction.
Hours available for room reservation is when the Check Out Desk on the 1st floor is open. Available during the hours the first floor Check Out desk is staffed. Functions requiring media equipment must allow a 15-minute set-up time after this desk opens. All functions must be concluded at least 30 minutes prior to this desk’s closing.
All equipment is set up for self service.
- Wireless or wired network
- Telephone jack
- Large HD projector and screen
- Conference phone
- Document camera
- Camera for video conferencing
- Audio system with microphones
- A large HD Display
- Cell phones, tablets and PCs are among the different devices that can be plugged into the system and viewed on the screen (adapters for all variations are not provided).
Please use the dedicated phone in the front cabinet for equipment support.
- Room capacity varies depending on the furniture layout but may not exceed 75 people. The room holds 35 when set up with tables.
- The room is locked at all times.
- Check Out Desk on the 1st floor of Bird Library can provide entrance to the room upon event organizer supplying Syracuse University ID.
- All functions must be concluded at least 30 minutes prior to the Check Out desk closing.
- The host of the function is responsible for setup, operation, and shutdown of the equipment.
- Libraries staff can provide training upon request prior to room use.
- Departmental technology associates can provide training for employees in their respective departments.
- Hardware and software assistance for equipment in this room is provided by ITS Learning Environments.
- Food and drink is permitted. University catering only allowed.
- To cancel a reservation contact Libraries Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to all Spaces