Graduate School Dissertation Bootcamp
As graduate and doctoral students prepare to write theses and dissertations, the Libraries offers a number of resources to support you.
An excellent starting point is the Research Guide for Doctoral Dissertation/Theses Writers. Other resources include:
- D. R. Riccomini, “Dissertation Writing for Engineers and Scientists,” Technical Communication, vol. 56, (4), pp. 412-413, 2009.
- H. L. Hirsch, Essential Communication Strategies for Scientists, Engineers, and Technology Professionals. (2nd;2; ed.) 2003;2005;2002;. DOI: 10.1002/0471722944.
- P. A. Laplante, Technical Writing: A Practical Guide for Engineers, Scientists, and Nontechnical Professionals. (Second ed.) 2018.
- Nygard, L.P. & Solli, K. (2021). Strategies for writing a thesis by publication in the social sciences and humanities. New York, NY: Routledge
- Thompson, P. & Kamler, B. (2016). Detox your writing: Strategies for doctoral researchers. New York, NY: Routledge, Taylor & Francis
- Efron, S.E. & Ravid, R. (2019). Writing the literature review : a practical guide. New York, NY: Guilford Press
- Writing your doctoral dissertation : invisible rules for success / Rita S. Brause. (2000)
- A short guide to writing about art / Sylvan Barnet, Tufts University.(2015)
Looking for some databases that on where to find other examples of dissertations and theses?