Pan Am Flight 103/Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives Special Collections Research Center
Page featured image content
Dedication of the Place of Remembrance, 22 April 1990. Place of Remembrance Collection.
Page main body content
Founded in 1990, the Pan Am Flight 103/Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives is part of the Syracuse University Archives in the Special Collections Research Center at Syracuse University Libraries. The mission of the Pan Am Flight 103/Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives is to collect, preserve, and make available for research materials that document the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland on December 21, 1988 and its aftermath, as well as provide a place to personalize and honor the 270 victims of the bombing.
The Pan Am Flight 103/Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives comprises:
- Records pertaining to the disaster and its aftermath, including media coverage and government documents.
- Materials documenting the lives of the victims including correspondence, photographs, writings and journals, and personal belongings.
- Documentation of the experiences of surviving friends, families, and witnesses as related to the disaster.
- Records of Pan Am 103/Lockerbie victims' and families' groups and organizations.
- Litigation, legislation, and investigative records.
Materials in the Pan Am Flight 103/Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives are available for research to all members of the Syracuse University community and the public. However, some collection materials are restricted by donor request or in accordance with federal law.
The Pan Am Flight 103/Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives collects materials pertaining to the disaster from the following groups:
- Victims’ loved ones
- Syracuse University programs and departments
- Emergency services personnel and members of the investigative team
- Members of the Lockerbie community
- Journalists, authors, and documentarians
- Other individuals and organizations impacted by or associated with the disaster
For inquiries about donating materials to the collections, please contact the Pan Am Flight 103/Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives.