The Hillyer Room, Bird Library Room 606, is available for use by Syracuse University faculty, staff and sponsored guests for scholarly or academic events.
Two set-up styles are available:
- Meeting Style: This set up features a large table comprised of four smaller separate tables, with chairs arranged around it. This setting can be used for when participants need to interact with each other. The capacity of the Meeting Style set up is 12-14 people.
- Lecture Style: This set up style features chairs set up in rows facing the front of the room. The capacity of the Lecture Style set up is 34 people.
Priority for use of the room is:
- Events with anticipated group size of 30 or less that occur on weekdays during the available hours detailed below, including set-up and clean-up time.
- Hybrid online/in-person events.
- In the event of multiple requests for the same date/time, the room will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Hillyer Room is on the sixth floor of Bird Library (see floor map). A flexible floor plan allows for varied seating arrangements with a maximum capacity of 34 people. The standard furniture layout includes chairs in rows, and four tables with wheels that may be reconfigured as needed. To make a reservation, submit the Libraries Room Request Form. To cancel a reservation, contact the Libraries at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (315) 443-2573.
- Generally available during the hours the sixth floor is open, until 30 minutes prior to the floor's closing.
- Functions requiring media equipment must allow 15 minutes for set-up and take-down before and after the event.
All equipment is set up for self-service.
- Wireless and wired network
- Presenter PC
- Wall-mounted media control panel
- Ethernet, HDMI inputs
- Computer speakers
- Ceiling-mounted HD projector
- HD display screen
- Wireless keyboard and mouse
- Audio system with lapel and wireless hand-held microphones
- AV rack (Located in the closet nearest the windows, which can be unlocked using the same key that opens the room. The rack should not be moved)
- Assistive listening device (Listen Display Receiver)
- Web cam
- Room microphone
- Conference phone
- Laser pointer
- Blackout curtains (note that door window glass cannot be covered)
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs are among the different devices that can be connected and viewed on the screen (adapters for all variations are not provided)
- Standard Libraries Room Use Policy applies.
- The event coordinator is responsible for setup, operation and shutdown of the equipment. The event coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all food and beverages are removed or properly disposed of at the end of the event. The event coordinator should return furniture to original configuration at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted. Catered events are permitted only if catered by Syracuse University Catering Services. A catering staff member must be present if a sterno or other open flame food warming system will be in use.
- In case of a building evacuation, all room occupants must exit the building from the nearest stairwell. All elevators are disabled during emergency evacuations. The nearest emergency exit is to the left upon exiting the room. An additional emergency exit is at the opposite end of the corridor, through the wooden double doors adjacent to room 605.
- Meeting Style set up: 12-14 people
- Lecture Style set up: 34 people
Back to all Spaces