Crouse Mansion Special Collections Research Center

Page featured image content

illustration of white stucco house

Crouse Mansion, ARM 10-1709

Page main body content

Building Acquired: 1904

Named for: Former home of John Crouse, Crouse College namesake

Cost: $50,000

Funding: $10,000 donation from John Moore, building owner, and remainder from SU Twentieth Century Endowment Fund

Location: Northeast corner of East Fayette and South State Streets

Building Sold: Ca. 1926

Notes: Housed offices, lecture halls and library of Syracuse College of Law; demolished in 1927 to build New York Telephone Company.