Film Rental Center Special Collections Research Center

Page featured image content

flat brick building

Film Rental Center, Image 13-0554

Page main body content

Constructed: 1951

Acquired by SU: 1965

Cost: Renovation Cost: $30,000

Style: Brick-front one-story commercial

Location: 1455 East Colvin Street

Demolished: ca. 1995

Notes: Built as a dairy store for the former Evans Dairy Farm, the building was acquired along with a two-story frame house and several small wood outbuildings. The original 78-acre farm belonged to the family of Stanley A. Evans, class of 1937. Remodeling of the store included the installation of a fireproof roof and a sprinkler system in order to house the University's film rental library. It was demolished to build SU's soccer stadium.