Peter Graham Scholarly Commons
The Peter Graham Scholarly Commons (PGSC), Bird Library Room 114, is available for use by Syracuse University faculty, staff and sponsored guests for scholarly or academic events.
The room can be used for events with an anticipated group size of 31-75 people and for hybrid online/in-person events. In the event of multiple requests for the same date/time, the room will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
The PGSC is on the first floor of Bird Library (see floor map). A flexible floor plan allows for varied seating arrangements with a maximum capacity of 75 people. The standard furniture layout is auditorium-style (chairs in rows) but may be reconfigured as needed. Collapsible tables with wheels are available in the storage area at the back of the room. To make a reservation, submit the Libraries Room Request Form. To cancel a reservation, contact the Libraries at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (315)443-2573.
- Generally available during hours the first floor Check Out Desk is staffed.
- Functions requiring media equipment must allow a 15-minute set-up time after Check Out Desk opens.
- All functions must conclude at least 30 minutes prior to the Check Out Desk closing.
All equipment is set up for self-service.
- Wireless and wired network
- Presenter PC
- Media control panel
- Ethernet, HDMI inputs
- Computer speakers
- Ceiling-mounted HD projector
- Wall-mounted retractable viewing screen
- Wireless or wired keyboard and mouse
- Audio system with lapel, podium and wireless hand-held microphones
- Conference phone
- Height-adjustable and moveable teaching station
- Web Cam
- Room microphones
- DVD/VHS player
- Blackout curtains and flexible lighting options
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops and PCs are among the different devices that can be connected and viewed on the screen (adapters for all variations are not provided)
- Wall-mounted CART display (event coordinator must schedule CART services)
- Standard Libraries Room Use Policy applies.
- The event coordinator is responsible for setup, operation and shutdown of the equipment. The event coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all food and beverages are removed or properly disposed of at the end of the event. The event coordinator should return furniture to original configuration at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted. Catered events are permitted only if catered by Syracuse University Catering Services. A catering staff member must be present if a sterno or other open flame food warming system will be in use.
- In the case of a building evacuation, all room occupants must exit the building from the nearest exit. All elevators are disabled during emergency evacuations. The nearest emergency exit is the main doorway on the south side of the building. Additional emergency exits are in the four corners of the building and the main doorway on the north side of the building.
Room Capacity: 75
Back to all Spaces