Peter Graham Scholarly Commons
Bird Library Room 114 is available for use by Syracuse University faculty, staff and sponsored guests for scholarly or academic events.
Priority for use of the room is as follows:
- Events with an anticipated group size of 31-75 people.
- Events occurring on a weekend or taking place after 5:00 p.m. on a weekday.
- Non-hybrid (online and in-person) events.
- In the event of multiple requests for the same date/time, the room will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Libraries Room Request Form
- Generally available during hours the first floor Check Out Desk is staffed.
- Functions requiring media equipment must allow a 15-minute set-up time after Check Out Desk opens.
- All functions must conclude at least 30 minutes prior to the Check Out Desk closing.
- Varies depending on the furniture layout. The standard furniture layout (chairs in rows) most comfortably accommodates 65 people.
All equipment is set up for self-service.
- Presenter PC
- Wireless or wired keyboard and mouse
- Wireless and wired network
- Ethernet, HDMI inputs
- Conference phone
- Computer speakers
- Audio system with lapel, podium and wireless hand-held microphones
- Ceiling-mounted HD projector
- DVD/VHS player
- Wall-mounted retractable viewing screen
- Height-adjustable and moveable teaching station
- Touch panel controller
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops and PCs are among the different devices that can be connected and viewed on the screen (adapters for all variations are not provided)
- Wall-mounted CART display (event coordinator must schedule CART services)
- Lapel, podium, and wireless handheld microphones
- Flexible floor plan to allow for varied seating arrangements
- Blackout curtains and flexible lighting options
- Standard Libraries classroom meeting room policy applies.
- The event coordinator is responsible for setup, operation and shutdown of the equipment. The event coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all food and beverages are removed or properly disposed of at the end of the event. The event coordinator should return furniture to original configuration at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Flexible floor plan allows for varied seating arrangements. The standard furniture layout reconfigured as needed.
- Beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted. Catered events are permitted only if catered by Syracuse University Catering Services. A catering staff member must be present if a sterno or other open flame food warming system will be in use.
- In the case of a building evacuation, all room occupants must exit the building from the nearest exit. All elevators are disabled during emergency evacuations. The nearest emergency exit is the main doorway on the south side of the building. Additional emergency exits are in the four corners of the building and the main doorway on the north side of the building.
- To cancel a reservation contact Libraries Administration at email@example.com.
Back to all Spaces