The Spector Room, Bird Library Room 608, is available for use by Syracuse University faculty, staff and sponsored guests for scholarly or academic events.
Priority for use of the room is as follows:
- Events with an anticipated group size of 24 or less that occur on weekdays during the available hours detailed below, including set-up and clean-up time.
- Events that are fully online or fully in-person (i.e., not hybrid).
- In the event of multiple requests for the same date/time, the room will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Spector Room is on the sixth floor of Bird Library (see floor map). A flexible floor plan allows for varied seating arrangements with a maximum capacity of 24 people. The standard furniture layout is four rows of tables and chairs and most comfortably seats 24 but may be reconfigured as needed. To make a reservation, submit the Libraries Room Request Form. To cancel a reservation, contact the Libraries at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (315)443-2573.
- Generally available during the hours the sixth floor is open, until 30 minutes prior to the floor's closing.
- Functions requiring media equipment must allow 15-minutes for set-up and take-down before and after the event.
All equipment is set up for self-service.
- Wireless or wired network Presenter PC
- Media control panel Ethernet, HDMI inputs Computer speakers
- Ceiling-mounted HD projector
- Wall-mounted retractable viewing screen Wireless and wired keyboard and mouse
- Audio system with lapel and podium microphones Conference phone
- Moveable teaching station
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs are among the different devices that can be connected and viewed on the screen (adapters for all variations are not provided)
- Blackout curtains and flexible lighting options (note that door window glass cannot be covered)
- Standard Libraries Room Use Policy applies.
- The event coordinator is responsible for setup, operation and shutdown of the equipment. The event coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all food and beverages are removed or properly disposed of at the end of the event. The event coordinator should return furniture to original configuration at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Beverages in spill-proof containers are permitted. Catered events are permitted only if catered by Syracuse University Catering Services. A catering staff member must be present if a sterno or other open flame food warming system will be in use.
- In case of a building evacuation, all room occupants must exit the building from the nearest stairwell. All elevators are disabled during emergency evacuations. The nearest emergency exit is to the left upon exiting the room. An additional emergency exit is at the opposite end of the corridor, through the wooden double doors adjacent to room 605.
Room Capacity: 24
Back to all Spaces