2331 South Salina St. Special Collections Research Center

Page featured image content

two story house, yellow on first floor and brown on second floor; handicap ramp to door and front porch; sign on front of house reads "South Side Communications Center"

Page main body content

Constructed: Prior to 1920

Acquired by Syracuse University: 2010

Opened to Public: January 26, 2011

Funding: State grant secured by Home HeadQuarters, with additional funds from SU

Materials: Wood frame

Space: 2,844 square feet

Notes: Built as a residence, the building also housed a hair salon and a consignment shop before its renovation in 2010. As the South Side Communications Center, open access computer clusters and office space were created.