Graham Dining Center Special Collections Research Center

Page featured image content

flat building with glass windows across entire front

Page main body content

Construction Began: Spring 1957

Occupied: September 1958

Dedicated: November 14, 1958

Architects: Harry A. and F. Curtis King

Contractor: White Construction Company, New York

Interior Design: Ralph A. Laidlaw, professor, SU School of Art

Space: 2 stories

Cost: $3.4 million (included Day Hall)

Funding: Financed through U.S. Housing and Home Finance Agency

Location: 1 Mount Olympus Drive, between Day and Flint Halls

Named for: Dr. William Pratt Graham, Chancellor 1937 to 1942

Notes: Graham Dining Center was connected to Day and Flint Halls via a tunnel and offered dining on the upper level and a bookstore on the lower.