Roy D. Simmons Sr. Coaches Center Special Collections Research Center

Page featured image content

white two story building

Roy Simmons Sr. Coaches Center, SU Photo & Imaging RS 41149

Page main body content

Constructed: 1995

Dedicated: May 2, 1998

Named for: Roy D. Simmons, Sr., Class of 1925

Cost: Approximately $2 million

Contractors: Hueber-Breuer Construction

Architects: Hoffman O'Brien Look Tauber & Chiang, P.C., Ithaca

Location: Addition to Manley Field House

Notes: Simmons Coaches Center was added to the front of Manley Field House and housed offices for the coaching staff and Stevenson Educational Center, which provided support of SU student-athletes. Roy D. Simmons, Sr. coached SU boxing and lacrosse from 1931 to 1970.